Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dating is wack: The Lurker


A guy I have known for years, who I know through my ex- contacted me randomly. So we start chatting, with more and more frequency. Eventually he mentions that he has always had a crush on me and I liked him too, so we decided to go on a date. I won’t lie we had a great time. He was always very gentlemanly and kind. But I started noticing that something was off with him. Time goes on, and we spend more time with each other and as much as I like him- something is still off. I can’t put my finger on what but that feeling stayed. After a few months he decides he isn’t ready to date seriously, and I am like “ok cool”. It gave me a nice out, because although I liked him I wasn't really sold on making something serious with him.

We stopped dating but stayed in touch. We meet up every now and then for lunch and chat every now and then. No problems, right? Well…. Since we run in the same circle, I see him when we go out and its friendly- or so I thought, until I realized that he was becoming a cock blocker! At parties each time I see a guy eyeing me and give it back to them, here  comes the Lurker out the blue to stand next to me or talk. Womp womp…

So you don’t want to date me, but you don’t want me to date anyone else? How that work? You had your chance sir, and you decided it was a no. Why won’t you let me be great??

Things are definitely going to have to change on this front. Like Deborah Cox said “weeeeee caan’t bbbbeeeee friends”, not because I am in love but because you are apparently crazy.

No comments: